Sunday, January 10, 2010

If you want to change your life...change your mind...

Print Friendly and PDF Welcome to my blog. Like many people, I am obsessed with food. Obsessed, in the way that I have to think about what I would like to eat, whether or not I have the ingredients to cook it, and when I have time to make it? I am the cook in my family. My husband, ( the P-Man ) uses flattery to keep me cooking, by insisting that my food is the ONLY food he cares to eat! After 25 years together, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. A couple of years ago, I was preparing to attend my 25th high school reunion. I was looking forward to attending, and decided that losing a few pounds was long overdue. I have always used 2 excuses for being fat. Number 1: I'm Ukrainian. ( For you non-Ukrainians out there...we are built like sturdy little peasants, and like to eat large portions of pork and potatoes!) Number 2: My dad AND both my brothers were BAKERS!! ( My dad's idea of spending quality time with me was taking me to Phil's Pancake House...or out to some dive of a coffee shop for PIE!! When I was 10, we moved to a small town, and lived in an apartment ABOVE THE BAKERY!!) Sorry for that yummy little digression...but sometimes I can still taste those little silver dollar pancakes! Back to the reunion. I decided to try going to Weight Watchers...AGAIN. I was 181 lbs, here we go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment