Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy 100th BLOG!!

Print Friendly and PDF
Today I am giving myself a big bouquet of virtual flowers! Today's blog is my 100th!!! I must Thank Don Genova, the man who taught the course that started all of this. I also must thank Russ Davies, who after listening to yet another idea I had for making White Rock a better Community, suggested that I start writing a blog. I would also like to Thank my niece Tracy, who answered my many questions related to blogging, and was very encouraging about my writing skills. Last, but certainly not least, Many, Many, Thanks to the P-Man, who has taken me to some incredible places this year. Travelling has given me the opportunity to eat at some wonderful restaurants, and even when we weren't away, he has been nothing but complimentary with regards to my cooking skill over the last 25 years!

In addition to this milestone, and the future changes I am sure it will bring, I have decided to leave Delitalia. I want to Thank my whole team there, for putting up with my stubborn, bossy attitude. My complete inability to clean up after myself, and then argue about it, and for teaching me what working in a commercial kitchen is all about. It was fun, AND frustrating to be part of a FAMILY again, as most of my own is gone.

I have no doubt that FOOD will continue to be part of my professional future. In what form, I am not quite sure. I believe that is what I am most looking forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your 100th blog. You're leaving the deli! It won't be the same without you. Who will keep Rom in line? We'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete