Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Sunday!

Print Friendly and PDF An Easter Joke: WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU POUR BOILING WATER DOWN A RABBIT HOLE?... HOT CROSS BUNNIES!!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
I love the Internet for certain things. Seasonal jokes are one of them! Please pass the joy along!!
Here is a photo of my banana, blueberry bran muffins. I think they are tasty, so I am passing the recipe on. I made a few substitutions...and put them in brackets.

BANANA BRAN MUFFINS
HARROWSMITH COOKBOOK VOLUME 2
CATHY CRAWLEY, CALGARY, ALBERTA

1 cup sour milk ( buttermilk)
2 tbsp molasses
1 egg
2 tbsp butter
2/3 cup raisins ( omitted )
1/2 cup walnuts ( toasted sesame seeds )
1 1/2 cups bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup mashed bananas ( 2 frozen, thawed bananas )

Combine milk, molasses, egg, butter, raisins, walnuts, and bran in a bowl and stir to blend. Sift together dry ingredients and add to moist mixture. Add bananas and stir only enough to moisten. Fill greased muffin tins to 3/4 full and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
makes 24 muffins

I used paper muffin cups instead of greasing the tin. I found that the batter only made 18 muffins, and some of those were quite small. I found that 20 minutes baking was enough to cook them through. This cookbook was published in 1983 so perhaps muffin tins have gotten bigger?
I found them not too sweet, and nice with a cup of coffee in the morning, or as an after dinner treat.

Hope the bunny was good to all of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment