Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Simple Food

Print Friendly and PDF One of my jobs at Delitalia is to make sandwiches. By far, one of our most popular creations is called a 'Classic Caprese'. It consists of a small baguette, basil pesto, sliced cherry tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, and fresh basil. Simple ingredients. The most exotic is the buffalo Mozzarella. If you have never had it, treat yourself and buy a small ball. It is soft and creamy, and luscious. It bears almost no relation to the Canadian version, that is firmer, and to me, lacks flavour. We lightly grill these on the panini press until the cheese melts, and YUM...heaven on a bun!

I have had 2 months in a row, where I have gained a little over 2 pounds. This does NOT make me happy. I have decided to get out my little Weight Watchers daily tracker, and start writing down what I am eating. I suppose I could get all huffy, and shake my fist at the sky and scream, " WHY ME "... but I am getting better at not deluding myself . When I first went back to weight watchers almost 3 years ago, I couldn't believe how much I weighed! Then when I started losing weight, I couldn't believe that, either. Now I know what works for me...and believe me...I have been slacking. I have been tracking for a week now, and have been a tad hungry, AND crabby! Work has been a bit of a food challenge as well. I am surrounded by fresh baked croissants and foccaccia bread, and hot pasta with sausage, and pizzas and cookies...YIKES! When you have to write down everything you eat...the food choices you make take a bit more thought. I think I did quite well this week. I stopped my nibbling, and my croissant eating. I got to know my little vegetable friends again, and with the exception of last night's Chambar, 3 glasses of wine, and a chocolate dessert...I know that I know how to do this.

I can even have a scaled down Classic Caprese panini when I go back to work on Friday! There is absolutely nothing wrong with simple healthy ingredients, eaten in moderation. I know that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment