Friday, December 17, 2010

Special Party Olives

Print Friendly and PDF The P-Man and I are headed to a Christmas Party tomorrow night. I have been asked to bring some olives. My friend J. had dropped by one night last summer, and we sat out on the patio with a bottle of wine, and ate ALL the leftover food I had prepared for a party the night before. She said the olives were her favorite. These olives were a recipe from an old cookbook from local foodie Caren McSherry. I thought I wrote the recipe down, but couldn't find it. I then tried Caren's website for it, and couldn't locate it there either. So I am relying on my memory to recreate them. The recipe goes something like this:

250 grams of 3 different olives in brine...with pits.(drain the olives)
a generous shake of chili flakes
2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
fresh rosemary, oregano, and thyme, roughly chopped, about 1/2 cup
1 lemon cut into thin slices and then quarters
good, fruity olive oil

Mix everything in a big bowl, and add about 1/2 a cup of olive oil. I leave the olives to marinate in the fridge for a few days, giving them a stir a couple of times a day. Serve them at room temperature, and let everyone know about the PITS!!

They look so beautiful, they kind of sell themselves at a party! I used to HATE olives, as the only ones I had ever eaten had come out of a can or a jar. When I started working at Delitalia, I started tasting them, and they are definitely one of my favorite snacks, now.

According to Weight Watcher's new Points Plus Program: 10 small or 6 large olives,(about 1 oz) is only 1 point!
I'm looking forward to tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment