Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some muffins that WORKED!!

Print Friendly and PDF I am not a good baker...I am a good cook. Combined with the fact that I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers...I really can't even bake a full fat muffin without feeling guilty. What I do like, is something slightly sweet for a snack, or after supper with a cup of coffee or tea. I came across this recipe, and with the addition with a big fat frozen blackberry shoved into the middle of each...they turned out moist, and fruity, and slightly tart, and slightly sweet...not at all soggy...Here's the recipe:

Buttermilk Oat Bran Muffins

1 cup bran
2/3 cup white flour
2/3 cup w/w flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sugar...I used 1/4 brown,1/4 white
1/4 cup applesauce...I used a bit of applesauce and a bit of mashed up banana
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
I added a frozen blackberry to each muffin before baking.

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flours, baking soda,salt and bran together. Mix buttermilk, sugar,applesauce,egg,vanilla,and canola oil. Mix wet into dry and don't over mix. Grease muffin tin and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.

Yum, Yum...and they freeze, really well!
Maybe I'm just a late bloomer, baker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment