Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back in Canada

Print Friendly and PDF After a very long flight, with some very good movies( Invictus, Bend it like Beckham, and Crazy Heart) we arrived back in Canada. We seemed to have eaten nonstop on our Lufthansa flight. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus snacks and wine!

I actually made shake and bake chicken legs for supper last night. I served them with some creamy coleslaw...as a sad little head of cabbage was the only thing edible in my crisper drawer! I also made some mashed potatoes, and some canned niblets corn mixed with some frozen peas! I picked up a blueberry pie from the grocery store, and served it with some vanilla ice cream.

It seemed really strange not to eat a tomato...or any arugula, or a nice piece of crusty bread, or any pasta! I'll buy some real groceries in a day or so...not cooking for 2 weeks has made me lazy...or maybe rusty...like this little Fiat I saw in Raito...

No comments:

Post a Comment