Thursday, December 30, 2010

Applesauce Muffins! Baked them MYSELF!!

Print Friendly and PDF
As you can tell by the photo...I'm not much of a baker. We had 3 professionals in my family, so there was really no need for me to take it up. If I get a yen for something fresh baked, I consider the recipe VERY CAREFULLY. It has to be quick, use 1 bowl, and a minimum of measuring equipment. This muffin recipe met the criteria, and you still see the mess. I assume the P-Man will clean it up in the morning...After the 10 minutes of measuring and mixing...I am SPENT!!

I made some homemade applesauce last week, and set aside one jar for baking. I wanted some kind of fruity muffin or cake...and today was the day. I got the recipe from a website called catcancook...and only made 2 substitutions: I deleted a 1/4 cup of white sugar, and mixed my flours 1 cup white, 1/2 cut whole wheat. They turned out great. After 20 minutes in the oven, they were moist and fruity, and perfect with coffee.

I will throw them in the freezer when they are cooled. I think they will make a great snack in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment